Monday, April 18, 2011

The Boston Marathon Runner I Love!

David, our oldest son, is running in the Boston Marathon today with an enthusiastic audience of cheerers. Since he was recovering from an injury only a month ago, we hope he is able to finish in the time he wants. From my point of view, finishing at all is amazing. Even in my younger days running a marathon was never on my bucket list. But I managed to raise a bunch of runners who like to do marathons, half marathons, 5Ks, etc. Walking five miles is my idea of a marathon. Good luck, David! Hope the weather is perfect for a great run.

1 comment:

Justin Vacula said...

I noticed that you left a comment on my blog, but you deleted it. If you disagree with any of my positions or the positions of other posters, I'd love to have a discussion with you. If you'd like to make a comment about abortion or engage any of my arguments, feel free to post on the respective threads:

http://www.justinvacula.com/search/label/abortion

I tackle the issue of abortion in various posts. I often find that those who are pro-life haven't researched the other position and start with fallacious assumptions (life starts at concception, cells are equivalent to a baby, all abortions happen very late, etc). The issue is not as black and white as many anti-choicers make it out to be. I used to be anti-choice, but when I entered college (yes, a Catholic College, even), I learned that my position was tremendously fallacious and had to abandon it.