Friday, July 24, 2009

Quote for the Day

"Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon." The Dalai Lama

This quote made me laugh. My kids consider me the expert at opening the refrigerator, perusing its contents, and throwing dinner together from its miscellaneous contents in thirty minutes or less. Doesn't everybody do that?

The other night I made a great seafood bisque with a can of mushroom soup, several ounces of leftover grilled Tilapia cut into chunks, a dozen frozen cooked shrimp (all that was left in the bag) and two teaspoons of Old Bay seasoning. A little sherry would have made it perfect but I didn't have any. Next time maybe I'll try a little white wine and some chives from my garden.

I served the soup with a tossed salad and crackers. Yum! It looked a lot like the photo above, but was all eaten before I thought of taking a picture.

No comments: