Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Do it Yourself Wedding Flowers: A Glorious Display that's Good for the Budget!


Larry and I recently attended the wedding of friend's son and one of the most enjoyable aspects was admiring the flower arrangements at the church and the reception, not to mention the glorious bouquets carried by the bride and her attendants. I would love to see the gardens tended by the bride's mom because most of the posies were home grown. One of my favorite flowers is hydrangea and they were there in brilliant profusion.

Flowers are one of the big items in the wedding budget, often running a thousand dollars or more. I suspect that this clever and green-thumbed mom saved a bundle by doing these and I'll bet the arranging was a fun joint activity for all the ladies the day before the wedding. You can see for yourself the beautiful results! Even the cake was a flower-bedecked wonder!





No comments: