Thursday, June 25, 2009

Summertime

If spring turns a persons thoughts to baseball, summertime has to turn thoughts to (what else?) the beach! I've been looking at pictures in my file from our last beach trip -- 2007 when we had a family reunion in North Myrtle Beach.

How I love the sound of the surf, the smell of salt air, kites flying, a continuous breeze, soft sand between my toes. Oh gosh, just thinking of it makes me want to pack my suit and head out. I'm not sure whether we'll make it to the beach this year. Maybe if I keep thinking about it, the beach will come to us.

Here are some photos from our 2007 Kreitzer family reunion reunion. The kids are a little bigger and the grandparents are a little older, but the happy memories are just the same and always bring a smile to my face!

Brendan is king of the sand castle!



Alex, Brendan, and Jonathan are coming at ya!



And looking over it all -- the Jolly Roger! Ho, ho, ho and a bottle of rum.



What's a beach trip without hunting for ghost crabs. This creepy little critter in the spotlight is haunting his pursuers.



Matthew and Paige join forces for sand fun.



"Look at me, Gamma!" That's Lauren.



The village it takes to raise a child...also known as "the family."



Postscript: I wonder how the beach house and the condos family members stayed at fared during the big fire in April. They say tourism hasn't been affected, but it destroyed 40 homes and plenty of beach pines. Fortunately, things recover pretty quickly, but I'm sure visitors this summer will see lots of signs of the damage.


No comments: